RSA Video: Technology and Our Environment
For this project we will be creating an RSA style video to illustrate our relationship between our technology and the environment.
My RSA Example:
Things I've learned:
- Planning Planning Planning. There is a 0% chance you will be able to draw, record and narrate a RSA video successfully without a plan. (See below for my planning strategy). Plan your message, plan your drawing and plan your narration.
- Animation: Slow and steady wins the race (we will speed up later) Draw out your animations at least once before you record. It will be 100% easier if you can simply copy what you've already drawn than trying to come up with it on the spot.
- Recording: It's all about getting the right framing. You can record with your whiteboards on the ground, against the wall, wherever is most comfortable. Make sure you use a tripod for a steady filming experience (then make sure you dont hit the tripod mid-filming... *cough*)
- Narration: Audacity is a great tool. You WILL make mistakes. This is totally fine and multiple retakes are to be expected. However, mistakes will be limited if you have a word for word script to simply read aloud.
- Editing: Any mistakes can be taken care of during this step. More instructions to follow.
This is the hardest part of the project
(Yes a fully grown bearded wood shop teacher loves construction paper.)